Anyone go through the bad storm last night?

I am in western NC and we had a horrible storm last night. This morning they said 200,000 people across the state are without power. It was pretty bad I thought my roof was gonna fly off lol. It was so loud, windy etc. Thankfully the worst thing for us was our trash cans fell over and I have to go out and pick up everything i missed earlier. No downed trees on our property, but there are several down in the area.

Anyone else have it last night?

Asked by gemgem at 8:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yep. I'm in Charlotte, NC and it was crazy last night. We even had a hail storm. The wind knocked over my wooden rocking chairs on my first and second story porch and my plant stand was in the middle of the road. My neighbor's chairs were in my back yard they flew over the fence. I left the house really early to get to work so I wasn't stuck in crazy traffic because a lot of roads were closed because of power lines down. It was nuts.
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• We had a pretty bad storm alday yesterday. It started with hail around 10 am. heavy rain all day. At 4 we heard the sirens go off and DS, me and the dog all hung out in the basement for 45 mins.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I live in KY and we had a horrible storms all days yesterday and last night. We were under a tornado watch for most of the day. The wind blew my patio set off my porch. It was crazy!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:50 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• in gulfport mississippi and we had a terrible storm most people lost power and had a couple tornadoes around area
    damionsmommy2

Answer by damionsmommy2 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Weird, I live in N Italy and we had a pretty big wind storm knocking out our power for a few hours. Nothing that bad though.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• wow spagirl I heard charlotte was pretty bad this morning bc of traffic, I am about an hour from you. My trash cans were across the street in my neighbors yard so lol. Unfortunately it was also trash day so my trash is everywhere. I picked most of it up I need to go out there as soon as the sun comes out and get the little stuff.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• We had a horrible storm here (Gastonia, NC) late Sunday night that knocked out my power for 3 1/2 days. We lost all our food and I had to replace it. Then yesterday we had a horrible hail storm. Baseball size hail. It knocked holes in my roof and siding. All of my family have windows busted out of their houses and cars. Horrible weather this week.
    bmw29

Answer by bmw29 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2011