Do fetuses have sleeping periods? LOL

I am 22 weeks today. I am not sure if they do at this age, but well this baby use to only kick once in a while and only when I was sitting or laying then at bedtime when I went to sleep it would kick well since yesterday this baby has been kicking litterly none stop. Yesterday no joke this baby kicked all day long when I was sitting, standing whatever and then when I went to bed at 11 is when it stopped kicking. This morning it is already kicking and has been since I got back from taking my dd to the bus stop at 8 and it has not stopped kicking. So I was just wondering if they had sleeping periods lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes they sleep, your doc should have told you that when you move the baby will sleep (just like a rocking a newborn).
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:53 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• That's exactly how my now 2 month old daughter was when I was pg. Kicking non-stop all day long, sleeping at night. Since birth she's followed the same pattern, only waking to feed at night and then going right back to sleep :-)
    EBee12

Answer by EBee12 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• As far as I know they do, and I read somewhere that when your up and about it cradles them from side to side so they'll sleep, but when you stop, like at bed time, they usually wake up, typical lol!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 8:50 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Oh yeah. With my girls they would be so calm while I was up cleaning and walking around. The minute I laid down it was all over. I never got any sleep, lol.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My first born kicked like crazy and then would move gently. Once he was born, he was fascinating to watch and then 'recognize' his movements. Just as he would drift off to sleep his little legs would kick like CRAZY!! :D Then when he was asleep, he wiggled a lot.

I don't remember it being so distinct with my other three. Though my second son NEVER moved. It was a little scary at first. I never bothered to count movements with him, he was SO still. And of course, he is my VERY hyper one!! :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'm the same as EBee12! But yes they do sleep, and maybe your LO is just sleeping while you're sleeping, and that's a great thing!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:46 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• my baby is very active also but at all times of the day or night lol
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yes they do.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yes....and with my son....he was awake when I wanted to sleep!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011