At what age did your child loose his or her first tooth??

My 5 year old (12-19-05), came home yesterday and had lost her first tooth. I didnt think they lost them that early but I guess I was wrong. She was so excited to see that the toothfairy left her a $1 dollar bill. When did your child lose their first tooth and how did they react?

cnetlady

Asked by cnetlady at 8:48 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My oldest, a few days after her 6th birthday. My son was either a few days before or after 6th birthday...but very close to around there.

I think it has something to do with babies being born in 05. My middle daughter, who was born Aug 05, lost her first tooth and has another loose one. Her first tooth came out about 2 or 3 weeks ago.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It has to be something about the 05 babies, she did EVERYTHING early. I didnt even realize that tooth was loose. but I got the tooth off the bus this morning. We wrote the tooth fairy a note last night about where the tooth was. lol she called that dollar bill a million dollars. How long does it take for the new tooth to come in usually?
    cnetlady

Comment by cnetlady (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Both of my daughters were around 5 and a 1/2 when they lost their first tooth. They were excited, and thrilled later when the tooth fairy came to visit, lol.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My son will be 6 next Monday and hasn't lost one yet, but most of his friends have. They are a few mths older then him. I don't want him to, he's my first and that will make him a big boy.. :(
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• all of mine have lost their 1st tooth at 5 .
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• They are usually 5 or 6...Mine will be 6 in October (10-9-05), and hasn't lost one yet.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Usually at age 5 a tooth becomes LOOSE and soon they will LOSE it. All three of my children lost their first tooth in kindergarten.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My oldest and middle both lost their first teeth in Feb. of kindergarten. He was just about 6, she was 5.5. My youngest lost his first last year at 5. He just lost his 4th this past weekend and a 5th is loose. He's a Jan. 05.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:54 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• DD lost hers at age 5 1/2, and ds, who is an O5 baby *june 8th* still hasnt lost any. He isnt concerned yet. My nephew lost several at age 4!!! And dds friend didnt loose her first till she was 8. Everyone is different. :)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• They say infants that get their baby teeth younger, tend to loose them them younger. Infants that worked long and hard at growing teeth take longer to loose them.

My son was 5 1/2 when he lost his first. He was thrilled. (for the record, he a few days shy of 6 months when his first baby tooth erupted.)

My daughter is 6 1/2 now. She'll be 7 in September. She doesn't have a single tooth wiggling, let alone missing and/or replaced. She also didn't get her first tooth until she was 10 months old and she's a tiny little thing still today. Her baby teeth are spacing out indicating her jaw is making room for the bigger chompers, but so far nothing's moving out of the way. She's really not happy about it. LOL!
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:54 AM on Apr. 5, 2011