I am pregnant

Me and my husband were thinking about trying but 2 weeks ago, he said he wanted to wait another year. I found out yesterday that I am pregnant and now I am worried. I haven't told him yet but I don't know how I am going to. I am so happy but I hate that I don't know how he will react. Is there anything I can do to get him excited when I tell him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Just tell him. He is a grown man and should know that having sex can lead to pregnancy. He was all in to having one at the time so he should still be excited even though he wanted to wait longer.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• There is never a good time for a baby, either your not in a stable job, not enough money ect, but chances are, if your not trying, your bound to get pregnant, sod's law! But your happily married, so this a brilliant thing! Maybe it's not the 'best time' but when can anyone honestly say that they want a baby because it's the 'perfect' time for one? Tell him :) I bet he'll be sooo chuffed!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 8:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Congrats momma!
    Jademom07

• Congrats, he knew when having unprotected sex that pregnancy was a possibility. There is nothing you can do, he will react how he feels, just don't let it get you down, he will come around if he isnt instantly excited! Good luck
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• While he may be disappointed at first, I'm sure he'll warm up to the idea in about a week or so (if he's NOT disappointed from the beginning).

Pretty much all ours were "oops, we're pregnant!" I don't think he'd give any of his kids back. So, tell him and give him a day or two to get things worked out, etc.

And congrats, Momma!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Congarts,, he will be fine,,if you wait to have enough, money, time etc,, there never is a good time,, LOL! Hope all works out!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• congrats
    damionsmommy2

Answer by damionsmommy2 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Congratulations, first of all. Second, you need to tell him right away, so that he doesn't think you are keeping anything from him. Just tell him! He can take it, he's a grown up :) Sometimes life doesn't go the exact way we plan it. Just take this as the blessing it is! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months, Momma!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Just tell him I'm sure he will be happy about it .there's no need to be worried about whats his reaction would it be .this is a gift and you have to cherish it every moment ,there's a little on inside you
    Donnabell_nyc

Answer by Donnabell_nyc at 11:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2011