Do you feel pressured to get your pre baby body back?

Some women feel pressured by their hubby, friends or themselves to get their figure back.

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• No. I believe that no one expects me to be perfect, and that includes me. I like my post-baby body, actually, I really love my stretch marks :) My goal is to be healthier and stronger, not thinner. Though if that happens... well I'll love that body too lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Oh yes, and to think it has been almost 30 years.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I feel a little pressured, though I think I am putting a lot of pressure on myself. I know that I was skinnier before I had my children, but I just cant seem to get back to that weight. Society at larges is also a big pressure for most women. All the articles about "wow, they lost all their baby weight" and "looking good after twins" is BS. Of course they look good...if I had their money I could hire a trainer and nutrionalist too
    Deelizabeth

Answer by Deelizabeth at 9:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i did pressure myself. i'm vain, i'll admit it and i was not about to give up my body, so yes i worked hard to get it back for me because i'm happy looking my best
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• NO I never did. But I never had a problem with it either lol. I was lucky, the first 4 kids I went right back to my jeans by the time I had my 6 week check up. With baby #5 though, blah. No never happened really. It did, but then I gained some back. I dont care though. I always had a problem gaining weight when I was younger, so being overweight now is alright with me.

Answer by gemgem at 9:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I do, but not because of them. I have struggled with eating disorders since I was 11 years old. Plus, knowing that between my 2nd and 3rd (still pregnant now), I was able to lose it all and then some...it makes me think I better be able to do it again.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:06 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yes, always. My hubby tries not to be mean about it, but of course he would prefer my pre pregnancy weight. I got back down after having my second, but got pregnant again. I guess I will be working on it again after baby
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Not this time, but with my first I did. I kind of blame the media for this. I am tired of hearing that all these celebrities had a baby and were back to being a model 3 weeks later. Realistically, it doesn't happen like that. It not only makes us think we can do it, but it also makes everyone around us think that we should be able to accomplish that, even when it's physically impossible.

Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• With my XH, all the time. Now 4 years later, THIS is my new pre-baby body.

I would love to lose the last 10 lbs but if I did, I would have to buy new clothes that fit. All the ones I have now, fit.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Only when I had my third baby---I overate during pregnancy ( we were based in Germany and the food was great...)and couldn't fit into my regular clothes after delivery and I didn't like the way I looked . It was all ME....nobody pressured me.I needed to lose about 15 pounds and only I saw it. LOL.
    After my first and second babies,I was able to wear my regular clothes a week after delivery because I didn't gain much weight . If you don't overeat,you won't have to worry about 'shedding baby weight' ....
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2011