My face is sooooo dried out, it hurts. What can I do?

I live in a city where it's not only really windy in the winter but it's bitter cold and that combination has dried my skin out to the max. This is my first year being here and the first time this has happened to me.

You can literally see the dry skin ALL OVER my face. It's painful and unattractive.

I bought a facial moisturizer and have been loading that stuff on my face along with a hydrating cold cream and it hasn't improved even a little bit.

What can I do?

davila26

Asked by davila26 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Health

• you need to exfoliate then do the lotion
    I use baking soda mixed into my facial cleanser

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Get an egg. Seperate out the white and yolk. Put the yolk on your face. It will help. If you are too oily, use the white.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My mom had the same issue, she said gold bond works for her. Her skin would get so dry that it would crack and bleed...
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Steam towel than moisturize thoroughly while your pores are open.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You need to consider going for a facial, Bioelements makes a moisturizer called Crucial Moisture, but it sounds like you have windburn on your face,, and that takes time to heal, you could do a light scrub, then follow with a really good moisturizer, no vaseline or anything, it won't absorb into the skin,,the good news, as more humidity gets in the air, your skin will probably get better, do you have a humidifier at home?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Walmart has an exema cream in the baby section, it works wonders!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• After you wash your face leave some water on your face and apply your moisturizer right on top of it especially at night. Also get a big glass with a straw and drink drink drink water. Make sure your moisturizer and cleanser is for dry skin. I was reading that a secret is that you should also take a fish oil with omega 3's.. Maybe wear a hat or something outside to block the wind.
    Since it hurts I am not sure I would exfoliate??
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have a para wax kit. I do my face, my hands, and sometimes feet. I live in AZ and it is dry here. I stand by it.
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I recommend starting with a good cleanser.  I use Aquamarina by Lush in the winter when my face is ravaged by wind and bitter cold.  It is wonderful stuff that doesn't make my skin feel dry and tight anymore.  Then moisturise with a cream that has SPF in the morning and a heavier night cream at bedtime. 

Oh and don't wash your face in hot water, use luke warm. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I like Clinique's moisturizing Gel
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2011