16 year old son getting oral sex adult content

I walked in on my son and his girlfriend (they didn't see me) but she was going down on him. I haven't confronted him and don't know if I should. They have been dating 6 months. I don't want to tell him to stop dating her, should I just ignore it? I have had the condom talk with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I would just remind him about safe sex.

Answer by gemgem at 9:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Well, if it were me...I would have already said something.

Yes, they are going to have sex but if they cannot do it without getting caught by me, then they don't need to be doing it.

I wouldn't be mad about it but I would say something. Since, if they got caught by her dad, how would he react? Men tend to react worse to seeing their DD rather than moms with their DS.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yeah, I'd say something. Some sort of privacy issue....my mom once found a used condom in her blanket. Oh boy. I said a lot of something that day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think you need to talk to him, he is going to be embarassed, but follow through,, is your goal for them to stop, or to be careful,, if it is to be careful, I think you need to buy him some condoms to give to him during your talk,,sometimes they are to embarassed to buy them,, good luck, but just be sure to impress on him that you DO NOT want to be a Grandma quite yet, you might also talk with her as well, or perhaps her parents--idk it would depend on what they are like, and what you want the outcome to be, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Maybe have his dad or another male figure talk to him? It would prob be less humiliating. As long as he knows the dangers of std's and that they can be transfered oraly and so they still need to use condoms. I was giving it to my dh when we were 16, so I don't know that there is any stopping him short of a man chastity belt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would say something to both of them, and her parents. Could be that you just caught the foreplay...... It's too easy for most of us to say, well we did it at that age, but really what 16 yo is mature enough to truly handle the complexities and potential outcomes of a sexual relationship. To protect your son, you need to make sure that he gets the condom talk often, and this girl needs her mother educating her as well.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:27 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• you should talk to him. he should know that he can get STI's (sexually transmitted infections) from oral sex.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Its hard for me to answer this. I believe in saving sex(oral including) til marriage but if I were you I would talk to him again about safe sex, condoms, std's and the emotional part that sex can have. I think I would also want to talk to the girlfriends mom about the situation she may want to put her DD on birthcontrol.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• He's not the first 16 yr old that has been caught doing that but you do need to talk to him about all the safe sex issues etc and what is acceptable behavior in your house. He has been with his gf 6 months which is a long time in the life of a teen romance, so I'm guessing she is not the "flavor of the month." I would have a non judgemental discussion with him and his gf and let them know what your expectations are when they are at your house. You may want to suggest he lock his door next time too lol.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would just tell my son that I love him, and remind him to always be safe. Saying something to her parents would probably only cause them to forbid your son from seeing her, and that would just cause problems with your son.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2011