What are your views on children close in age?

I have a 7 1/2 month old daughter. (Born 4/18/08) and now I found out that I am pregnant again. Due 8/5/09. I was just wondering what other people have to say about children so close in age.

Sunshine4u300

Asked by Sunshine4u300 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• To each their own. I personally want space between children so they have time to be the baby. But like I said, to each their own.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I personally don't see anything wrong with it. Usually kids closer together get along better the older they get, and they'll always have someone to play with! Me and my sister are 15 months apart, and we're basically BFFs and always have been.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My sons are 16 mos apart....I was terrified at the very beginning of having them so close together...but turns out they are best of friends. And honestly, now that they are 2 & 3 its easier for me bc they just play together! Congrats and best of luck to you!
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 8:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• If there is something wrong with you having kids that close then I guess I'm really strange cause I'm 33wks pregnant with my third and when she is born my kids will be 28 months and 12 months. I dont see anything wrong with you.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 8:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Sorry anything wrong with you having your kids so close.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 8:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• my mother would say, more power to you... get them done asap LOL for me, i would spread them out, but obviously you were meant to get pregnant.. i think its easier when they are closer for mom in the long run, but as they get older, i would worry about competitiveness ... good luck to you!!
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• For me being a parent mine ar 7 years apart and their are alot of differences. I personally prefer them closer together so that they are going through school and etc together. For me as a child my sister was way older than me and it was hard for us to relate to each other until almost adults.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 8:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• There is nothing wrong with that...I also have a 7 1/2 month old born on 4/16/08..and i am due 4/13/09..so mine are closer than urs but hey u make due with what u got some women can never have children so be thankful....god only gives u what he thinks u can handle...good luck with everything
    Tracie0416

Answer by Tracie0416 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• tracie0416...thats so true! and made me happy lol cuz i may be preg with number 2. my daughter was born july 7 2008 and this one would be due end of july. so they would be really close too! its exciting cuz they will be playmates. i think thats the cool thing about it.:) good luck!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I personally wouldn't do it because I want to enjoy my son by himself for a while and we are already struggling financially. However if I got pregnant i would openly welcome another child as a blessing. It's cool because they will be close growing up. I think I want mine like 3 or 4 yrs apart but then the bad thing about that is once you get one out of diapers your starting all over again. I also want to stay home with them but I want to go to school to become a teacher so having 3 kids at 3-4 years apart puts my teaching dreams like 10 plus years away! So I don't really know. Congrats though!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2008