Do you do this?

I'm a SAHM. So my conversaions usually consist of toddler and dog things. That said when someone calls I find myself (sometimes) so desprate for adult conversation that I babble on about meaningless things trying to kep on the phone. Unfortunatly I don't realize I'm doing this until after I get off the phone. Then I feel like an idiot :(

P.S just did this to DH's cousin that has an executive job at The Ronald Mc Donald House.

She had to tell me she had to go work to get me off the phone. UGH!

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• i do it too... im so desperate to talk to anyone some days ill call a friend of mine like 4 times like where are you!! ... the curse of being a sahm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• oh yeah! it pathetic, eh? LOL! i do it to salespeople, lawn-maintenance guys, strangers who say 'hello'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Thankfully most of my friends are also SAHM's so we all do it haha. We can all talk for hours about our kids, our pets, our laundry, our husbands, neighbors etc.

Answer by gemgem at 9:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Oh yeah same here, thats when i miss having friends, we'd stay on the phone just to have the phone to our ear, it was crazy, but nice to have a friend to babble too!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• yup I do it, and I feel bad for a friend if I see them in the store, they might never get out of there
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:39 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Lol even worse is when I use my "mommy voice" on the phone
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I totally hear you girl. I recently found a mom's club in my area. Hopefully spending some time with them will help.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• WHEW! Glad I'm not the only one!
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Oh, you're definitely not the only one. I don't talk to most people, though, so I do it to my Grandmother, and I'm sure I drive her nuts! lol She's usually one to stay on the phone for a few minutes, but I swear, I get started and 5 minutes in she's like, "Uh... well, I better get to work! I have LOTS to do, I have to get these quilts done. I love you!" and then she hangs up. lol Pathetic, I know!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You are not the only one, I catch myself doing that also..... does not matter if it is a friend, relative or the checker at the grocery store.... Glad to know I am not the only one who does this!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2011