Sociopathic Behavior in Children... This is still my son!!!!! adult content

•Consistent bedwetting after the age of five
•Pyromania
•Cruelty to animals
•Compulsive lying
•Stealing
•Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
•Hyperactivity
•Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
•Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
•Lack of remorse and indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another
•Learning disorder
•Problems with retaining peer relationships
•Speech problems
•Manipulation
•Vandalism
•Dislike and anger towards authority

Hereditary Basis: Sometimes children may inherit the sociopathic behavioral symptoms from the parents. Research has shown that children who have are adopted and have sociopathic biological parents can display the characteristics of this psychological illness.

This is my son, it's been comfirmed, and comfirmed that he got it from his father, who raped me. My son has to go into care before he seriously harms my other children. For years I was blamed for his problems. By friends, people on here, doctors... But now we have the truth, and I don't feel any better for it!!!! Not one bit. Just please don't judge the next mother with a child with problems... You never know the truth!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am glad you have sought help and not tried hiding it. It is hard to admit that our children are not perfect.....but we love them dispite it all....how can you not? It is not your fault - you were/are courageous to keep a child that was conceived by rape. Continue counseling nt only for your son but for yourself as well.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• How strange they would be able to label someone with a life long thing like this at such a young age?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Children develop behavioral issues very young in life ann which is why it is important that it is caught and diagnosed early in life. Ask any behavioral physiologist and they will say the same thing. It is a good thing that the OP caught it young and actually took the time to find out what was wrong instead of just blaming herself.

Ladies, ALWAYS educated before assuming!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• So sorry for what you are going through. I've worked with children that have severe behavioral problems, one in particular that we thought fit all of that criteria (hearing voices, making plans to kill everyone, set the house on fire, daily physically attacking others, the list goes on and on) anyway we endured that behavior for 5 months before we got him in with a new psychiatrist who realized that his "psychosis" was brought on by a bad reaction to some meds he was on. When the meds were out of his system, he improved (still had a behavioral disorder, but it was manageable). I guess the point is, don't write your child off, just because you have a diagnosis that finally fits his behavior. Seek other opinions and do what you have to do in the meantime to protect him. Prayers and well wishes for you both.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:39 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• im sorrypraying

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 10:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• That is very sad and i am very sorry you have to go through that!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am so sorry, as far as I know there is no cure for this,, I hope he gets some help, but I hope YOU understand this is not your fault! IDK what else to say, except I will keep you in my prayers, Hugs!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• http://www.buzzle.com/articles/sociopathic-behavior-in-children.html
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am so sorry for what you are going through......you and your family are in my prayers.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 10:20 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• so sorry to hear this you and your family are in our prayers
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2011