Which sippy cup would you recommend

Ii have a 2 year old and a 1 year old and they both drink our of sippy cups now. I have tried every sippy cup that can be bought from the stores around our area. If I buy a soft spour one, they bite it and poke a hole it it, and if i buy a hard spout one, (playtex ones especially) they bite it and chip off little pieces. I am woorried that the soft spouted ones are still resembling a bottle too much and that may lead to further problems. The soft spouted ones i have been using are the born free cups. Which one do you use or have had good luck with or just would simply recommend. I have been looking into ordering avent ones off line .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe try one with a straw, they flip up and down and not the clear straws the little bit harder ones?
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My 2 yr old drinks from an open cup and my 14 month old drinks from sippys with straws. Good luck finding one that works for you.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:34 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Have you tried any of the straw cups? My oldest bit those, but he bit all of them until we finally switched him to a regular cup at 2 1/2. They have the sports bottles too, that don't have soft straws but the hard "straw spout" I don't have any because the playtex ones work well for my little one, but I remember having them when my oldest was little - but he's now 13 and I don't remember what brand they were. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 9:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• have you seen the tupperware bell tumblers with lids? they are not soft or hard, but they also are not spill-proof. i liked them a lot for meal times, plus when kids are old enough to not need a sippy they can still use the glass without the lid.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:46 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• The only ones I buy are the ones with the valve built in. The kids are able to drink from them just fine and I do not have to worry about buying replacement valves.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Tommy Tippee!
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 9:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I use the take n toss ones. they make them with straws and hard spouts! plus they're cheap, about $3 for 4-5 at walmart and target
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Definitely tommee tippee/explora, they're kind of in between a hard and soft spout,,love love love them! You could also try the cups with the straws...but you might have trouble with kiddos chewing on then too..good luck!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 1:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• we use Gerber because they don't leak like some of the other ones do; we have used the cups with the straws also
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• use a straw lidded cup instead.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011