Dry skin on forehead and across my nose....

I have some dry skin and redness in the t zone area. I am used to being oily not dry,I guess that comes with being 30.Anyway what would you suggest to help get things back to normal.

mom23ks

Asked by mom23ks at 8:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I us the Aveda hydrating mask at night. I use a little in place of my moisturizer. I have an oily t zone, but I also have acne prone skin which gets dried out in the winter, this mask is AWESOME, it also makes it very easy to exrtact acne. Also if you are acne prone you can mix it with a couple drops of tea tree oil
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Hello Mom23ks,

How are you?  My name is Cassandra Lane,  I am a Representative and a Beauty Advisor for Avon Cosmetics. For your dry skin,  I recommend either Avon's Moisture 24 Long-Lasting Hydrating Cream ($10.50), or Avon's Nurtura Replenishing Cream ($8.00).  Here is where to get these items http://www.youravon.com/morrislane  When you've logged on to the website, click the "Skincare"  tab, and go to the "Moisturizers" category.  When you are there, you can also read the reviews/testimonials on these items.

MzBusinessWoman

Answer by MzBusinessWoman at 1:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Hi momma! Like you, I tend to get dry skin in certain areas on my face. What you (and those millions of other moms who are suffering with dry skin) need to remember is to exfoliate! I am 27 and try to gently exfoliate almost every day, because I know how important it is to my skin's health. You need to get off the top layer of skin, follow with a moisturizing facial mask (highly recommended, though not required) and end with a facial moisturizer. DO NOT WASH YOUR FACE WITH REGULAR SOAP! It WILL dry out your skin! Stick to a good skin care regimen to ensure your skin looking it's best! Good luck, hon!
    PiggyBug

Answer by PiggyBug at 3:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• What i use and love is the Mark's(a daughter company of Avon)see things clearly moisturizer, it works great for my dry skin, but also does not my my oily areas greasy(like my cheeks) you can go to RVales.MyMarkStore.com or http://shop.meetmark.com/shop/product.aspx?src_page=product_list.aspx&level1_id=300&level2_id=469&pdept_id=484&dept_id=494&pf_id=33648 that will take you right to the product

Rachel1786

Answer by Rachel1786 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I get the same problem and I only use product I sell so I use AVON BASICS Rich Moisture Face Cream snd it works really well.

Let me know if you have questions or would like to order some.
    www.youravon.com/tboville
    Terryn2069

Answer by Terryn2069 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Our family uses Renew lotion which is great for dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea. I've tried many others, but this one is the best. The same company that makes this also sells the Nicole Miller beauty line and they create skin care/beauty products that are much healthier and avoid chemicals that dry, irritate and penetrate the skin. If you would like to know more, just ask.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 6:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Check out www.mariobadescu.com They'll send you free samples so you can see what works. I love them!
    lvlymummy08

Answer by lvlymummy08 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I use purity made simple facial cleanser and hope in a jar moisturizer. Both products are made by Philosophy. In fact, I use almost all Philosophy products. Hope in a jar is one of Oprah's favorite things. I think it's 99% oil free which is great for my oily t-zone. It feels light, and it makes my face so soft. I am also prone to have acne, but I have had very few breakouts since using them. I think Macys and Nordstroms carries philosophy. Qvc.com carries it and has some great deals on supersized items. Sephora.com carries it, and of course philosophy.com.
    harmontm

Answer by harmontm at 2:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2008