What do you think is the best cell phone for a teen?

My daughter is 15 and i have seen much improvement. Next step is she earned a cell phone, now nothing fancy just something she can call me/text me with and let me know where she is, or if she wants to go to the library after school. No internet. What phones are good and plans. Stuff like that.

Need advice on what would be good for that.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• If my kids ever get a cell phone it will be one with parental controls (i've heard firefly is a good one) and one that doesn't have texting. I have heard of so many parents finding naked pics of their daughters on cell phones that they have been sending to boys. My girls will not have a phone and if they do it will be one I can control the parental settings to only call 911 and me/dh.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• the bare min. available on the phone thats what I would get. My phone in hs was a black and white screen and you could call. Thats it and it worked fine. The newest way of cheating now is texting and its also a way for sexual predators to get to teens. I'm not a fan of the idea but if that is what some choose then def. ones with parental control so you know whats going on.
    Granolamama3795

Answer by Granolamama3795 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My DD has an iphone. She does chores to pay for service and it teaches her responsibility.
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 2:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• straight talk is cheap and has a variety of phones
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• when i was 15 i earned my first cellphone and it was prepaid virgin mobile i had to do chores and make good grades to keep the phone and when i did something out of line it got tooken away i got to txt during the day but at 9 my mom took my phone and i didn't get it back til after school.
    maymay2010

Answer by maymay2010 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i would do a prepaid with controls
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 4:48 PM on May. 25, 2011