Does the Easter Bunny go all out at your house, or keep things low key?

"He" keeps things pretty low key around here. Christmas and B-days are bigger. Easter and Thanksgiving (even though they don't get anything but a yummy dinner. lol) are more low key, fam. holidays.

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 10:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Holidays

• We only do an easter egg hunt with a ton of eggs filled with candy. I don't get them anything else.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• The only celebration we go big for is Halloween/Samhain... We don't really do anything else around here.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• the dd's get an easter basket filled with goodies ( candy, stuffed animal, and a few small toys) , then later we go over to my grandma's house and have an egg hunt with all the kids, but sadly there are no little kids in my family anymore, just my 2 dd's ='[ then we'll have dinner there. ..... is that going all out lol?
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• We are almost exactly like knicole...decent little basket and then an egg hunt with grandma...we do have a lot of young ones at the moment, though. We had a huge baby boom within the last few years...we were down to about 4 young ones, and then all the sudden we are back up to about 12 kids and there are 4 of us pregnant right now. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No I don't think that's going all out knicole. I've heard of some kids that get new bikes and video games and expensive, big stuff like that. To me that's going all out. Not that I"m knocking it, because every fam. celebrates diff., I just don't gen. do that. They get bubbles and sidewalk chalk, kites, and candy usually and that's about it, besides the egg hunt. Mom23girlz, we had the same thing in our fam. We didn't really have too many little ones, and then boom a bunch got preggers, and then a few yrs later it happened again. lol. We seem to get preg. in groups around my extended fam.
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I kind of hate the Easter holiday. For one reason or another my DH is always gone for Easter it seems, out of 5 he has only been home for 2. Whether it was deployments or schools he missed them, he is missing this year (2 in a row) and I really just wish I could skip it. We paint eggs the night before and the bunny leaves a few chocolates and toys, then the hunt. Base has a fun Eggstravaganza the day before that we go to. I don't decorate the house with eggs or bunnies, but a lady down the street hung bright plastic eggs from the tree and I thought it was kind of neat.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• They use to in Texas, but here in Mexico no one knows about the easter egg bunny. It's very religiouse here in Mexico. I can't even find easter baskets for the kids or material to make them. I have a decent size back yard. Imay just hid ecandy for them and have a cookout
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think the most important part of any holiday, is being w/ fam. I know that it's hard when your hubby isn't there to celebrate w/ cassie kellison, but you still have your kids to share it w/. :) I would just focus on making it as special as you can for them, and you'll be too busy to think to much about your hubby not being there!! And MexTex you can make baskets out of anything now adays. Sandpails, buckets, etc. But I'm sure your kids will love finding candy and sharing the day w/ you!!
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• We do a easter egg hunt, go have their picture taken with the man himself and make some cool things but never all out.
    NayleeCraw_x

Answer by NayleeCraw_x at 6:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• my step daughters 2 kids will get 4 or 5 Easter baskets each....because my step daughter married into a family where her MIL and that woman's 3 sisters have to over indulge those 2 kids to the point where they don't appreciate anything WE buy them because it's not BIG enough or COOL enough.
    As far as my kids it is a little different because 3 are grown and there's still one young one so they plant the candy filled eggs for their brother to find after church and we eat a big meal
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 3:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011