Parents these days!

My husband, my baby (3mos) and I went to the library today. He was waiting for me to check out some stuff and he had our son on a bench and he was sitting next to him. Next thing we know this dirty, filthy little girl (maybe 3) came up and tried to pull his pacifier out of his mouth. He was almost asleep, she not only scared him but also woke him up. My husband grabbed her hand and was like wo, wo, wo. Her mom looked just as trashy and was laughing saying she's sorry. My husband is like way to stand up for your son mom...I hate that I'm so shy and if she hurt him I would have said something...but it looked like my husband had it taken care of so I didn't feel the needs to step in. What would you have done/said. Don't people watch their kids these days...or at least clean them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She didn't hurt him and for gods sake she's 3.....like she knows any better. I would've told my husband that she's fine and that she didn't know. It really didn't seem like a big deal to me. If the little girl would've come up and slapped your baby or something, then it would be a big deal. Kids usually love babies and most moms understand that.
    Anonymous

• I would have let that mom know that it is impolite for her child to be touching another child's face. I have recently gotten my goddaughter to stop putting her face in my 5 mo olds face, by asking her if she likes it if someone is in her face. But I don't know about the filthy child. Mine is always clean
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• You just said the mother said sorry, what more you want?
    Anonymous

• Next thing we know this dirty, filthy little girl (maybe 3)

key word maybe 3 ...how old are you calling a child names she can not help it if her parents do not dress her and clean her up........trust me when your kids gets 3 he will explore to clean or dirty...

Anonymous

• I agree with the above poster. Parents should teach their children not to touch. Alot of people get seriously offended by people touching their babies. You dont know where their hands have been or when was the last time they washed them. Babies catch germs very easily. I dont know whats up with them not being clean but right now with the economy being so bad you never know anyones story. Ive ran into some things recently that have been less than unreal.
    Anonymous

• It wasn't the fact she touched him it was the fact that she was dirty and kids carry enough germs already. We wouldn't have been as mad if she touched his leg or foot, but the face? Who knows if she was even sick or not. The day cares we've been to teach the kids not to touch the babies and they know better. It's a matter of parents teaching their kids.
    Anonymous

• AH i know exactly what you are talking about!! its bad enough that random people come up to my baby and touch her face like they know her! its annoying and you have no idea where their hands have been! and for a 3 year old filthy little girl....im with you! i would be upset too. its just nasty.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• You can't control other people's kids. You can only control your own. Perhaps your husband should've been watching your child better. This little girl didn't pop up out of nowhere, I'm sure she walked up and your husband watched her. He could've told her, 'you can look at the baby but don't touch."
    Anonymous

• AND parents should teach their kids some manners. if she is around 3 she should be learning this stuff. touching other peoples kids esp taking pacifiers out of their mouth is something they shouldnt do. my neice is 13 months and her mother is already teaching her not to take my daughters paci out of her mouth haha. so i know what u mean. MANNERS!!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Yeah I'd be a little upset if my husband said that to me. But if I feel like he has something under control then I wont say anything. Ive noticed alot of little kids out there that are dirty dirty dirty and the parents look just great. I know some kids are just messy like my little boy and clean cloths all day is a dream to me, but when I see kids that have cloths on with holes and just filthy but the parents are dressed well that make me mad. With that mom though she very well have pulled her daughter to the side and told her you can't do stuff like that, at 3 the mother should have told her you need to say you are sorry. But some kids don't get it at that age.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2008