How can i get my 7 month baby to eat purity foods? adult content

Leane loves the dessert purity such as oats and honey and vanilla custard but does not like any of the food sources. we have also trie to give her potatoes/carrots mashed up but pulls her face tremendously. she loves porridge though as well but my main concern is that she also needs to eat purity foods or not so. what other options do i have?

leanemom

Asked by leanemom at 10:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• table food?
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Don't give her the desserts. Try the fruits, or fruits mixed w/ veggies. Add applesauce to peas, add bananas to green beans, etc.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:23 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Sweet potatoes? When DS was about this age, I just started giving him what we were having, as long as it wasn't too spicy,,just put it in the food processor, have you ever tasted baby food? Yeck! fruits always worked well for me,, and peas, he loved peas, but I made my own!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:23 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• sorry im a new baba mom - what is table food. like what we eat? can they chew and digest at this stage?
    leanemom

Comment by leanemom (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• thanx guys im willing to try anything. i want to try avocado - they say its very good. have you guys experienced giving baby that?
    leanemom

Comment by leanemom (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• depends, does she have teeth? if so, she can have a few things, if she doesn't have teeth, or not many teeth, you can try mashed potatoes, rice, ect. things that don't take much chewing. honestly my dd didn't have anything but a bottle until she was 9 months, she never had cereal or baby food, she went straight to table food. her first food was mexican fried rice lol. she's my second so i kinda had it figured out by then :)

~Most babies first food is a french fry; be different and give your baby a baked potato~
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Avacado works great, just steam it, then puree it. Great for baby!
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Avocados are always our first foods. And our kids love it.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:34 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Purity? I don't know what that means. Do you mean purees? If that is what you mean, just take your time. If she's not interested, just wait a bit longer. You can also, instead of purees, cut up small pieces of banana, avocado, sweet potato, and allow her to feed herself.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Oh to the poster who said steam the avocado...avocado is so soft that you don't NEED to steam it, you can mash, puree, or cut up as is! Just one less step.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2011