DS's 7th birthday is on Easter day this yr., how do I make it special for him....

I've got 3 other kids, (the youngest is only 9 mos, so I'm not worried about her) They always wake up and find their baskets, and they each have a few filled eggs hidden around the house. Then we go to my parents and they go outside for an easter egg hunt, and we eat. My parents are getting him a cake, and of course he'll get presents. I just want it to be special for him, w/ out taking away from the other kids too. Mainly worried about my soon to be 3 y/o not understanding why big bro. is getting gifts and he isn't.

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 10:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Holidays

• I honestly wouldn't do anything out of the ordinary just because it's Easter. you have other children who are going to want that on there birthday, and more than likely it probably isn't on a holiday (although that would be cool!) i would just have a normal celebration as any other birthday, but as far as the 3 yo, i would explain to him the best as you can it's his big brother's birthday, and have him look forward to the easter egg hunt =] or maybe he can even help his bro open his gifts.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• not sure how to. my birthday was on easter when I was 6 or 7 and my mom didnt even get me a cake, too much sugar. I'm just curious of what other mothers wouldve done.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• maybe put a wrapped birthday present from the Easter bunny (if you do the bunny) and a little note in the basket about how the bunny knew it was his birthday and wanted him to know he was thinking about him. Then after Easter dinner you can have cake, maybe Saturday before Easter you could have a party, but still remember the actual day.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:49 AM on Apr. 5, 2011