my son's head

I'm going to keep this very short and simple. My son has a rather large head, doctor isn't concerned, says the size is normal. His soft spot hasnt closed yet, he's just barely 17 months. I'm sure there is no set date of closing, and this is not my concern. I noticed today putting him to bed that there is a raised part of his head that runs from just above the tip top of the forehead to the front of the soft spot. I plan on calling the doctor monday to take him in. Anyone have any input? I've never felt this "long bump" before. How worked up should i be about this right now? I'm sure I should wait until the doc confirms anything, but I've never had any health issues with my son to date so I've never had to worry thankfully. But I'm really scared about this for some reason. If anything, I need help calming my nerves a bit.

imanixon2

Asked by imanixon2 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would not wait i would taken him as soon as i found out
    Anonymous

• i didnt mean wait to take him, i mean wait to freak out until i know something certain.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My son had this come up when he was younger and you can still see it tody and he is 14 months ...my pedi said it was fine as long as his soft spot hasnt closed yet...
    mommy2one07

Answer by mommy2one07 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2008