Can my friend sleep over?

If your teenage son or daughter asked you if their "Special" friend can sleep over what would your response be? My son asked me that the other day and I wasn't too sure on how to respond. My automatic response would be no, but I have to keep in mind that I was actually living with grandparents and father when I was his age. For the moment I told him to give me some time to think about it.

Shagara03

Asked by Shagara03 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Absolutely not would be my answer.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Sorry, no teen-age boy/girl sleepovers were EVER allowed in our house!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• depends, is it same sex as child? if so, i'd think about it, if it's opposite sex, most certainly not.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My sister in law allows her teenage daughter's boyfriend to stay with them on the weekends when he's visiting from college. I find it completely inappropriate, especially since they know fair well what the two of them are doing during the sleepover. When my child is 18, can prove they can support themselves, then I will think about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• If you think you can trust them and set up rules, where they can be together and for how long alone. Seperate rooms..etc.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Either way same sex or not. Kids are gay and lesbian. :) Which I really don't care, but it happens.

Depending on there actual age, I might. Not together though in separate rooms, if they don't like that owell. I most likely would not get sleep that night, because I would be like a hawk. Which stinks... Is it really worth it????
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No i would not let my kid's have BF or GF stay the night.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My answer would be NO!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I don't know. I see this is under "adult children", so if it was 18 or 19 and they had graduated high school, then possibly. NEVER before they graduated...and it would have to be someone they had been with for a while. They would not be using my home like a one hour hotel to bring random dates home to.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My boyfriend and boys that were freinds slept over when i was a teenager...and this was way before i became a mom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Apr. 5, 2011