Concealed carry?

Do you agree with this? Why or why not?

Illinois still does not allow legal gun owners to carry.

**slightly off topic...our Attorney General ruled that FOID card owner's information should be made available to the public. This is information that illegal gun owners can access.

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 10:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't have a problem with concealed weapons. I don't think that info should be public though. I live in TX, every person I know carries at least 1 gun. It is just how most people here were raised. What is the point in having a gun permit and not be able to carry on gun on you, it seems like Illinois is ridiculous when it comes to rights.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• BoobarandBell what makes one more dangerous then the other? A sign won't stop a crazy fool from walking into a mall and shooting up the place; in fact, he'd probably be more apt to go on a rampage in the mall where he knows there's less of a chance that a law abiding citizen legally carrying will put him down before he gets to kill the amount he promised in his fanatical good-bye letter.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• One of several reasons we don't live there anymore
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:38 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• as far as the list. it's not the LEGAL gun owners who are usually the ones committing the crimes.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• One mall has a sign posted, but the other does not. I don't want to take my kids to a mall that allows people to carry a concealed weapon! WTH?

You mean you prefer to take your children to the mall that has the sign up saying, "nobody hear is armed, please feel free to rob us any time you want. Don't worry about the customers. They aren't armed either. You can just shoot them if they get in your way. Thank you, and have a nice day". Why do you feel that is a safer environment for your children than the other? You realize, don't you, that if you're in one of the 48 concealed carry states, you are near people who are carrying every time you leave the house, and not one of them has bothered to shoot you?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

THIS!!! And Boo, I would actually feel SAFER in the mall that allows people to carry than the one that does not. The one that does not is telling any crazy that wants to go in and shoot people that they are completely defenseless in there. At least at the other one the crazy person doesn't know who might defend the other defenseless people.

My husband has had a concealed carry permit for 20+ years now. My friend that I used to go to lunch with and shopping had one. She was telling us over lunch before she moved that her purse ...cont
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 10:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• cont.....had a concealed gun pocket and most every time we went out to lunch and shopping she was carrying. I had NO idea.

Taking away concealed carry laws only hurts the law abiding citizens. The crazy people that want to hurt someone don't obey the laws anyways.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 11:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You mean you prefer to take your children to the mall that has the sign up saying, "nobody hear is armed, please feel free to rob us any time you want. Don't worry about the customers. They aren't armed either.

LOL People don't realize criminals don't care about laws if they did they wouldn't be criminals.lol I would rather be at the mall where people can legally bring guns a criminal who doesn't want to be shot will avoid it and go to the mall where they are banned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Typical liberal nut.. Really, this idea has nothing to do with whether or not people will carry guns in malls. It says people who have guns will have their names plastered everywhere. That's not right.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Thats just WRONG. Why dont they just send out a list to every criminal in Illinois to let them know who has a gun so they can get robbed?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2011