If your man got you clothes that were too small...

Would you think it was sweet? As if he thought you were that size and take it as a compliment of him thinking that you were smaller than you actually are? Or would you take it as an insult like he's telling you you need to lose weight?

madrigalreject

Asked by madrigalreject at 8:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Men usually don't put that much thought into something to get you a smaller size to tell you you need to lose weight....

Reminds me of a story.... my sister is 4'11" and when she married her ex husband weighed about 105 lbs. He got her a XXL night shirt. lol. He liked the picture on it and didn't look at the size. perfect example of "men just don't think".
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My husband did that when we were going out. He got me a really cute turtle neck sweater. I just laughed and told him that maybe someday my boobs will shrink so I can get it over my chest.
    leekim2004

Answer by leekim2004 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I would just take it that he didn't know my size and that I needed to exchange the clothes for what I need. I don't think there would be an maliciousness, just him not knowing.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I'd have to know the guy personally but most guys aren't passive aggressive like women can be. I'd say he thought you were smaller than you are. That would be a compliment in my book.

Words I love to hear are, "You're a size 2 right?", lol.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 8:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I wouldn't take it either way. I wouldn't expect my husband to have any clue what size I am. Who knows what he'd end up coming back with. Half the time I have no clue what size I am myself.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• compliment

Answer by admckenzie at 9:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i dont think guys mind is set up to give out clues, so i'm sure he thinks thats your size :)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Yeah, I don't think it's either. My Hubby doesn't get me clothes b/c he knows he has no idea what size and usually I don't either. I'd just take them back and get the right size
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I'd take it as a compliment but inside i'd be thinking "Yea he's telling me I need to lose weight."
    I would probally have war in my mind over it and end up trying to lose weight.
    Anonymous

• I would be SOOOOO FLATTERED! My husband picks up size small off of the racks and says "Oooh I really like this one!" When I tell him it wont fit his jaw practically hits the ground. I think he truly sees me smaller than I am which does not bother me in the least!!!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:04 AM on Nov. 30, 2008