Miniature dachshund having puppies...NO BASHING PLEASE

My dog got pregnant I think. I am so scared for her to have puppies bc shes soo little!!

Do small dogs have problems having puppies or will she be okay? I'm so worried :-/

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pets

• The only dog I know of that has issues giving birth is the French Bulldog. Call your vet and ask.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Any dog giving birth has the potential for problems. Just because the dog is tiny dosnt mean she will have problems. What will be, will be. If she is preggo and has trouble with the delivery you just take her to the vet.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'm not sure about this, but I'll try to help with a bump :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• it really depends what mix of puppies she is pregnant with. she is tiny and if its a bigger dog.. take her to the vet and get it confirmed
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Call and talk to your vet. Our Westie had puppies when I was a kid. It was amazing for us to watch. Get your kids involved. It's a great experience.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• consulting your vet is the best option to help with your concerns
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Call your vet.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Any dog can have a troublsome time with birth just like women.I would tae her to the vets so they can take a look at her. If she is pregnant I would make sure take her in for check ups. Do you know what kind of dog she may have bred with? Knowing that may determan if she will have large puppies. Keep in mind she can have 1-5 on average, a litter.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• We had a miniature schnauzer growing up that got pregnant by a Rotweiler!! She pulled through it fine, and had the most adorable puppies. If she is so small it's going to be harder for her to have gotten pregnant by a really big dog, and that's when you really have to worry. Ask your vet but it should all be ok.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• she could be pregnant by one of my MILs miniaturen dachshunds as well so atleast i know its not a bigger dog. I plan to take her to the vet if she has complications I was just wondering if it was common for small dogs to have problems. Thanks everyone (:
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2011