How can I help my sister to understand??? adult content

she is 16 years old and is having sex. She told me they don't use condoms because they don't like the way they feel. She said she especially hates the condoms because they are uncomfortable. She said she can't orgasm with them. Has anyone ever experienced this? She is on the pill but doesn't take it exactly on time everyday (and has been known to miss one now and then). Going to my parents is not an option, our mom passed away and our dad has asked me to handle the "sex stuff" (I am 24). She babysits for me all the time so she understands how much work children are and I have explained to her how much they cost and that her boyfriend might not (more like probably won't) stick around but I think she is afraid he will break up with her if she makes him use a condom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• maybe it is time to move up to a different birth control.. depo maybe?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Make her a nice slide show of STI pictures and Child birth videos.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'm thinking a change in birth control, something she can't forget to take like the depo shot?
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Maybe her BF would have a different perspective if he helped babysit a few times.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• the pill is still very effective when not taken perfectly. Talk to her about a back up method for when she misses, like spermicide or maybe condoms just for those times. Also, i'd be more worried about stds. how does she know shes safe from them?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Can you talk her into getting a different type of birth control..such as the depoprovera shot? Its not something she'll have to remember daily , only once every 3 months, she'll have to go in for a shot.
    ALso..maybe you can google up some information for her and yourself to go through together about STD'S. She is endangering her body by not protecting herself.If she can see some hard true facts about the lives that have been changed by some that had unprotected sex...maybe she'll reconsider her choice.
    Good Luck! Glad she has you!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:06 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Depo, she needs the shot....

Definitely do a video regarding stds, pregnancy, births.... but you can't stop her from doing what she is doing. You can try to prevent a baby from bringing a baby into the world. If you know what I mean.00

When I was a teen, I lived in a great nieghborhood. Parents believed my daughter would never, and a lot were having sex and getting pregnant. The were well off so they would aboard a child. Not birth control. Shame on them but you need to protect her from all that. I think you are doing a wonderful job......
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• oh, at that age, they clearer don't understand.... Keep doing what your doing. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• The pregnancy issue would be the least of my worries if it were my sister. It's the exposure to STD's that would be my largest fear. I think all you can really do is talk to her until you're blue in the face - or get her to volunteer at an AIDS unit in a hospital.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Its time to get her on another form of birth control. Since she seems open to you to talk about these things just tell her its time for a new birth control. There are many forms out there that can help her since she forgets to take her pill.

Answer by gemgem at 11:20 AM on Apr. 5, 2011