Do you shop at ALDI'S?

I think people have this common misconception that the food there is gross because it's not "name brand". Their brownie mix, and banana bread mix is AWESOME. I prefer to buy those things there rather than buy Pillbury or Duncan Hines.

Do you shop there? If so, what do you prefer to buy there than anyplace else?

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 11:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Shopping

• Years ago, I went to Aldi's. I liked the prices & bought fruits, veggies and juice there. There aren't any where I currently live but if there were, I'd shop there.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No I didn't like shopping there when I lived in Florida. Their prices weren't any better ( I thought) than the other stores I shopped at. Same price as store brand at Food Lion or Publix and they don't have everything like other grocery stores so no, I never went there.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I do,sometimes. They used to have better prices on everything. Now you have to pay attention. I always check there add to see if they have a better price on something I need. They do carry a brand of cookie that IS the BEST premade chocolate chip cookie then any other brand.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• The gourmet cookies? I bought those once...they are great. Their price is a little high on those, but worth it if you're in the mood for them!
    Renee3K

Comment by Renee3K (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I did for awhile until I moved out of state. They have one here too but its further away and with gas prices, the money that I am supposed to be saving would end going into my gas that then would be wasted just having to drive there.

But I did have great experience there and the food there is just as good as some of the name brands.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No I dont usually. My mil told me I should try because they had good prices, but in the end it was about the same. I shop in the mornings and can usually get good meat prices at the store if I buy the discounted meats & freeze it. It is less expensive then Aldi. I also did not like many of their other items I tried there.

Answer by gemgem at 11:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• yes I shop there. I find that some of there products are really good. My children love there ceral and noodles. I buy there shrimp all the time.
    4bamms3

Answer by 4bamms3 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No, I use to shop there, but ended up spending way more. We never bought our meat there though. But the things they didn't have, or we just didn't like from there, and we would end up spending more by the time we got everything else at kroger. Easier for me to just do a one store shop at kroger and we spend less that way too...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I used to and it was great BUT my kids are now on a special diet and I have to buy organic and chemical/preservative-free as much as possible and Aldi does not cater to that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• they have really good snacks.
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 2:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2011