How Long . . . . . . .

Does it take for a broken heart to mend, to stop hurting?

raynestar

Asked by raynestar at 11:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Everyone is different so no one can give you a time period for how long it will take. It just depends on you, the relationship and so much. Just take one day at a time.

Answer by gemgem at 11:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I can't tell you for how long but it is yourself will have to figure it out ,I know when we get hurt ,its like we are so down and don't know how to deal with a broken heart ,mind took so many months and years t forget about that person ,but we have to tell ourself that we are ok and we can moved on
    Donnabell_nyc

Answer by Donnabell_nyc at 11:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• have heard after a breakup that was serious
    it takes all four seasons to heal

1 year
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• A long time, but you need to help your self heal. It does not mend on its own. You can't sit and dwell or wonder what if, or what could I have done. it is hard work. Good luck....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It depends on how strong your heart is and your desire to let it heal
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Some of the best advice I was ever given regarding the end of a relationship was to Stay Busy. Get up and out, do not sit and rehash and relive the moments of 'what ifs'. Its simple advice to give, but does require effort on our parts. For me I got up and out, I stayed busy (had 2 school aged children and I worked full time outside the home). In just a few short months I was amazed and surprised at how little I was thinking about 'him'. I contribute that to staying busier than usual. Good Luck.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:31 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• While things can improve I don't know if you can ever truly and completely heal from a broken heart
    chelley123

Answer by chelley123 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• **Hugs**
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:36 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• mmmm about a year im gonna say
    damionsmommy2

Answer by damionsmommy2 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2011