Could I be going through Metapause or is it hormones? (sorry if I spelled it wrong)

I'm only 29 but w/in the last yr. I had a partial hysterectomy during the c-sec birth of my 4th child. The dr said that since my ovaries were still there that it wasn't likely it would jump start metapause, but in rare cases it could. I was also just diagnosed w/ Emphysema. So I was put on a 6 day oral steroid, and advair. I'm getting hot flashes quite a lot, and am VERY emotional. I mean movies, comercials, books, I'm tearing up during them all. (I was reading a first grade book w/ my son called "A Tree Named Steve", and it was about this tree that the fam. had grown up w/ in their yard, that gets struck by lighting or something while the kids are visiting the grandparents. So the dad is writing a letter to the kids to let them know when they come home the tree won't be there. And I'm like in tears about this stinkin tree and how the kids will feel when they come home and it's not there!! LOL) So I'm just wondering if it's stress and hormones (it's been 9 mos, since I had my daughter) or if it could pos. be metapause? Any ideas?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 11:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Health

• Could be menopause, could be hormones, could be from the medication you're taking. Talk to your doctor about the symptoms.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:33 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Sounds like stress and meds. Your doctor can give you a blood test to show if you are peri-menapausal.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011