How could i start a cleanignservice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would imagine you'd need to get licensed for the cleaning service. Print ads, hand out business cards, etc.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Find a client. Seriously - most folks will want references. Your best bet is to find a friend or family member who wants the cleaning service for work or home and do it either free or cheap for the reference. You'll have to find out licensing requirements, file a DBA etc, but that costs money and you'll still need the references to build business.

Vistaprint is a good place to start for free business cards etc. You can get better ones when you are making money and legit.
    PixelWitch

Answer by PixelWitch at 12:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Here, I wrote an article on it a while back...

How To Start A Residential Cleaning Company

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I clean apartments in my spare time. Just a few business cards and/or flyers and don't be afraid to talk to property owners/managers and real estate agents. The easiest cleaning jobs are move in/move out and new construction from the standpoint of not having to work around other people's stuff in your way. I live in Oklahoma and the going rate here seems to be about $0.15 to $0.20 a square foot. I get paid in cash which technically is not the way Uncle Sam likes it. I just started and if it becomes very lucrative, like it looks like it might, then I'll get help and find out about licensing and tax issues. Ask specifically what is expected and put together a list of standard items you will do for a set amount per apartment or house. You will need some good all-purpose cleaners, disinfectants, glass cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, scouring pads, a vacuum, mop and broom, towels and paper towels, rubber gloves. Good luck.
    68catillac

Answer by 68catillac at 12:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011