Please Help :( *UPDATE*

Ok, I took my twins to the doctor yesterday, per request of CPS to see that the bruises on my twins hip, rip and leg were not caused by me. They said that kids run into each other and other things and get bumps and bruises all the time. Then there was a concern on one of the twins that she had a bruise on her rib cage. The dr. applied some pressure on her ribs and she said ouch, that hurt. I asked him if her saying ouch on her rib, if that can be caused by someone applying pressure on her, such as restraining her during a temper tantrum and he said yes more than likely. I then informed him that her preschool teacher and teachers aid has had to restrain her once during a temper tantrum. And yes, I did inform the teachers that I didn't approve of them physically handling my children. So, next Monday after Spring Break, I am going to the school and I am taking my children out. I am also keeping them home this week so I can do a follow up appointment next week to show CPS that the kids are not getting bruises in my care. If you are totally lost on the story, read below. Please no bashing, I am seriously stressing out because this is ppl that are required to take care of my children and your children, and not to hurt them.

Ok I am like massively stressed out cause I am very confused as how this could happen.

To start this very long story, I just wanted everyone to keep in mind that my twins go to daycare in the morning, then to preschool at an actual school then back to daycare afterwards.

A couple weeks ago, my twins got into a little sibling fight at daycare over the kitchen center and one of my girls smacked her sister in the face with a toy and gave her a nice little shiner. They went to school with perfectly fine attitudes. About an hour after being there, I received a phone call from the school stating that one of my girls came to school with a black eye and my other one came to school with 2 scratches on her arms. I told them that the scratches were from our little cat at home. And as far as the black eye I wasn't sure where it came from and that I would go straight to the daycare to find out what caused it. I went to the daycare and discovered that they did get into a fight at daycare. So I had the daycare write up an incident report so I can take it to the school so that they didn't think that it happened at home. I took the paper to school, went home, picked up my husband and went to get the kids from daycare.

The next day, I took them to daycare, and as I dropped them off, the head lady came up to me and said "I just wanted to let you know that after you left yesterday with the kids, a CPS worker called about the black eye." I told her I would go talk to the school to find out what was going on because this was the first time that I had heard anything. I went to the school and found out that it was standard procedure for this and that they weren't looking into me, that CPS was investigating the daycare for the black eye. About 2 hours later, I received a phone call from the worker confirming this. This investigation lasted about 2 days and I never heard anything back.

Everything was fine until 2 days ago. I got the kids up, got them dressed and fed, and took them to daycare, went and did a WIC shopping and came home. *Please note: When someone knocks on my door, I know their knock, but this was different* About an hour of me being home, I received a weird knock on my door, I looked out the peep hole and saw a lady hiding half way down my stairs, so I opened the door, stepped outside, and closed the door behind me. This lady didn't have a badge and didn't release her name. She told me that she was an investigator from CPS and that she was in charge of investigating 2 bruises found on one of my children. I told her I was un-aware of any bruises and she told me that she needed to do a "FACE-2-FACE" with my children at daycare. I told her that was fine and she went straight up there. My impression of a Face 2 Face is like how you see someone when your talking to them. I waited about 35 minutes, talked to my husband and he told me to go get the kids from daycare and bring them home. I went to the daycare, and discovered that this lady had taken my kids into a back room, pulled part of their pants down and lifted their shirts and took pictures. The daycare lady told me that she had told the lady that the only way that the school could of seen these is if they were doing what she was doing...pulling down their pants and lifting their shirts. *Mind you, my children don't need assistance in going potty*. I was a bit disturbed because this lady didn't tell me she was going to be taking pictures of my children like this and that I wanted to be there, cause this had to have been weird and a little scary for them.

I brought my children home, and waited 4.5 hours for this lady to call me. I called the CPS office to find out who it was and got her number after I didn't receive a phone call.

JohnsonFamily5

Asked by JohnsonFamily5 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I remember this. Good for you for being proactive. Good luck finding daycare you can trust.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'd be writing a formal complaint about this CPS lady. There is absolutely no reason she needed to be taking pictures of your kids, especially without letting you know before hand. I would also document everything from a cat scratch to bumping their heads while the twins are at home with you.. As for the daycare and preschool, they should sways write out incident reports. If a child trips and falls, scraping their knee (or whatever) they need to write it down sign it, then have you sign it. If you plan on sending them to daycare after this, I'd make sure your next provider does this, or ask for them to do so. Good luck mama! Everything will be fine!!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:49 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• This is why I'm glad I stay home with my children 24/7. I'm not bashing you in any way, I completely understand that some parents have no choices but to use daycare. I'm just saying that its hard to trust anyone when it comes to your kids and I'm glad that I'm a sahm. good luck with everything you are going through.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Documenting the child's injuries is part of the investigation and they don't need a parents permission to do it. If a parent was intentionally harming thier child the probably wouldn't give permission, KIWM?

Also, physically restrainint a toddler from harming another todder isn't out othe the ordinary. It's not reasonable to expect a caregiver to simply ask a child who is mid-tantrum to stop hitting other children, KWIM? The bruise would come from the child struggling to get away or from the caregiver using in appropriate restraint techniques, thus the reason for the CPS investigation.

Keep doing what you're doing, document everything, and continue to be proactive. This must be very scary for you but you'll get through it.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Thank you guys for all of your posts. We are writing down everything they do and where they go, and what not. Now my question is this.....the report was made last Thursday. Is there a specific time frame as to when CPS can no longer respond to an incident?
    JohnsonFamily5

Comment by JohnsonFamily5 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011