What car to buy?

I asked this in a group but I thought I would get more responses on answers. I'm moving from NYC to GA and I'm going to need a to buy a car when I get there. I'm pregnant with twins so I'm thinking an SUV but I'm not sure what to get and what is going to have enough room.

Fiestygoodbye

Asked by Fiestygoodbye at 11:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Shopping

• So, this is excluding Hybrids, which are wonderful, if you can afford the extra money . . .

For cost-effectiveness and gas mileage in SUV, look at:
    Honda CRV $20,000
    Hyandai Tucson $20,000
    Mitsubishi Outlander $22,000

If you want a roomy compact car that is affordable and has great mileage:
    2011 Nissan Sentra (It has a wider wheel base in 2011, and is quite nice) $15,000

If you want some pointers on how to get close to invoice when you buy, please PM me . . . . I recently purchased two vehicles and was able to negotiate close to invoice for them . . I can give you some pointers on how to approach the dealers, :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I wanted an SUV when I was car shopping and ended up buying a minivan...I love it amazingly. I swore I would never own one but it is great, very spacious, has a DVD player for the kids, easy to get the kids in and out of and the dogs too. It is a Honda Odyssey. Good luck on your quest, I've always hated the car shopping thing...decisions, decisions :)
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am a Jeep Girl, had a 2006 black and if I could afford a 2011 I would sure get it!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yes . . the new Honda Odyssey is a beautiful vehicle!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011