Overly sensitive and caring?

I have a huge problem and am curious if it's just me or others have the same problem....When I am out at the store of mall or wherever if i see a child not being treated right or "to my standards i guess) It stays with me for a day or 2 and It consumes me to the point where I wonder what their home life is like etc.. I don' t know how to stop this and it's killing me inside.
One day me and SO were at the movies, it was a Late one about 10:45 i think. Well this GIRL had he 4 kids there, it was a horror movie and the kids were maybe 6, 4, 2 and a baby and she wondered why the 2yr old and baby were crying, IT WAS LATE, they were tired, she was making them carry all her crap, yelling at them in the movie,telling them they cant have a drink or they will have to use the potty and she wont take them!! so a few people (me included) went to tell the staff and she freaked out on those kids saying it was all their fault and they are terrible etc.. it KILLED ME, i didn't know what to do. These things seem to find me all the time. How do i mind my own business and get over it? Kids are gifts from God and should not be treated badly!!

JenzAmomOf2

Asked by JenzAmomOf2 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I do it too.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i do it too. even before i had kids i did it.
    dyeager

Answer by dyeager at 11:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You sound caring and sensitive in a good way
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• those poor kids.. Yes I am the same way..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have the exact opposite problem. Like when I read about a kid being abused or killed, I think it's terrible and I want the person who did it sent to a very violent prison for a very long time, but I don't cry. I don't understand when a kid dies and like 1200 strangers show up at the funeral. 122 people took a day off work or hired a sitter or whatever to dress up and go to the funeral of someone they didn't even know? I know women who cry at the news or worry about articles in the paper for days and I just don't get it. Maybe I'm a sociopath or something, that I don't get as involved with strangers as I do with people I know.
    CDMelty

Answer by CDMelty at 4:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yes, I feel terrible. Having worked at some midscale hotels I have seen more than one family in transition and I have seen all sorts of things and it is very, very hard sometimes not to do anything about a situation. Unfortunately we cannot save the world, we can just do the best for our kids and hope that at some point Mom's like this wake up or someone intervenes to save the kids.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• there is nothing wrong with being caring and sensitive I would have felt the same way and done the same thing.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:00 AM on Apr. 23, 2011