Is there such a thing...?

... as a decent, compact sewing machine?

I live in an apartment and want to make some clothes for my little one due in May. But I don't have space for a huge tabletop machine like we had at my parents house. But I also want it to be good quality and reliable.

Just wondering if anyone had heard of such a thing or had experience with one.

Thanks, Ladies!

meandrphoto

Asked by meandrphoto at 11:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• mine is just one of the cheapos at walmart.. it isn't huge and fits under the bed in the box when not in use, paid less than $100 for it
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I've had a Singer from Walmart for forever, and it's not huge- it even came with a travel case thing that goes over the top. I love it and it works really well.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think singer has some really nice ,machines.I like the small serger altho I dont have one I would love to! They have all kids of machines in a variety of price ranges
    glo335

Answer by glo335 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2011