What are the cheapest things to make that could be sold for profit??

doula-mom25

Asked by doula-mom25 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• hair bows , blankets , shirts , clothes, bracletes , key chains
    damionsmommy2

Answer by damionsmommy2 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• homemade cat toys. crochet or knit little mice that are filled with catnip in cotton or the tea bags.. I sold some for $2 each at a garage sale just sat there making them for fun and people asked how much and bought them. was cool
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• The possibilities are endless if you have good resources. Hit some garage sales for craft items, like buttons, ribbon, beads, etc. See if antique shops have buttons for cheap in your area. What kind of things are you thinking about?
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'd say probably blankets. Once you get good at quilting, knitting or crocheting you could personalize them, or embroider them.
    melly_v88

Answer by melly_v88 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I mean I think I could make all kinds of things and like it..I just would need to know what people are actually buying...

doula-mom25

Comment by doula-mom25 (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• etsy.com is a great place to see whats selling in the handmade world. If you already have supplies for something, Like say jewlery, I would say make a bracelet or necklace and wear it around. If you get compliments asking where you bought it, you can tell them you made it. Good way to find out if you're good at something :)
    JulienBella

Answer by JulienBella at 7:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Thanks Guys!!
    doula-mom25

Comment by doula-mom25 (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I agree with JulienBella about looking on Etsy. Whenever I'm in the mood to make a new product to sell, I look on Etsy first. I try to see if there are already a lot out there or if I will have a product that is in demand yet unique.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Where I live gorgeous knitted baby items will always be popular!
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 12:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• cards
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2011