I know this sounds stupid but I think my daycare provider stole my sons sunglasses...

About 2 weeks ago she made comment about how she can't seem to find glasses that fit her sons head ( her son is 4-1/2 ) And I said I have the same problem and only this one pair seems to be the right fit so I told her were she could buy them. Last friday we were getting ready to leave and I said Oh, do you have his sunglasses, she said No, I don't think they came with him today cause I couldn't find them when it was time to go outside.. No big deal I thought ok.. maybe I forgot cause I can be some what flakey sometimes.. well we are currently selling our house so its always clean so I know its not there, this past weekend we both cleaned in and out of our vehicles and can't find them. Today I drop him off and ask, so, any chance you found his glasses around anywhere? She said No, I checked all around and outside too thinking maybe they fell off.. my son said ( he's 3-1/2 ) Oh no, I don't have any glasses, I said No honey, I brought your Toy story ones and Her son walks up and says, the lightening McQueen ones fit my head really good... those are the ones my son is missing.. I said Oh ... well they fit Max's head really good too, that's why I'm sad they are missing.. his momy ( the provider ) walked in the kitchen and said Ok go upstairs and get ready to her son... I said Did He get some lightening McQueen ones and she said NO... ?? Its stupid I know but I am very bothered by this.. I mean, if her son did it, she'd surely have seen them by now... right??

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• yeah this sounds kinda fishy to me the fact that she made him go upstairs and that he was talking about the same pair you were missing. If there was some way maybe you could ask her son if he knows where they are and bring them to you? if he brings you the glasses then she clearly took them and i would take your son out of there immediatley. And from now on write your sons name on everything with a permenant arker. i think that this is really sad that is she did take them that she is teaching her son these horrible habits!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• If I were you, I would buy new ones and drop it. Otherwise you could start a problem with her. If you are happy with her and trust her, then just drop it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• "Buy new ones"
    Jane_Superior

Answer by Jane_Superior at 12:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• its not stupid daycare people can do alot worse then that so im sure sum wuld steal also i wuld just watch what u take there and b aware and if it bothers u to where u cant let it go and get a new pair or think if shed steal them do u really want her taking care of ur kids then just let it go til u can find a new provider just b sure to not b hasty and mess urself over
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• she might have been embarrassed or really not noticed. like the PP said, just watch what you take over and try to make sure he leaves important stuff with you from now on.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• get a sharpie marker and just write his name nice a big and dark on everything that you bring there....
    yes she Could have taken them - maybe her son did -= maybe they are really lost. it isnt worth it to make a big deal about it. i think i have a pair of mcqueen glasses in the backseat of my car that i would seriously send to you - wont fit my 5 yr old but he is a packrat. i bought them at walmart or target.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You could always ask her son to show you the Lightning McQueen ones and how well they fit. That way, if he has them, you will see and his mom already said he didn't have them, so she would have to give them back to you.
    VioletPlacebo

Answer by VioletPlacebo at 12:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I hope most people see my point is not about the ACTUAL glasses.. its the weirdness of the situation and that her sons comment this morning was what struck my wondering about it..
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Ps.. I trust NO one with my son actually... I wasn't born with those "gut or mommy instincts" and I guess that is what makes this so hard.. I like her, he likes her - its been 9 months and my son has done really great since being in her care.. IDK.. I just wanted to see if anyone else thought the situation was weird or not...
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yes, I do think it's weird.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2011