What sunscreen do you like for your newborn??

We have lots of baseball games with our oldest and spend lots of time outside. for those days she just has to get out for a day at the ball field what kind of sunscreen do you recommend?

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 12:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't miss out on your sons games. There are many options you can take. There are cute little hats that can protect babies face and kneck, use the visor on your stroller, find some shade, use a blanket if its not too hot out. Talk to your pedi though. He or she may give you the go ahead with sunscreen and may be able to recommend a certain kind. Its worth a try :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Just find some shade. Use the top of the stroller. Don't miss the games!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Just use the visor on the stroller and turn it away from the sun...or put lightweight clothing on. You can have your baby in the sunlight, just not extended periods of time. Sunlight isn't evil, it's good for you in smaller quantities.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would never use sunscreen on an infant, they should remain out of the sun. But if you must go out Burts Bees has a wonderful Chemical free option.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I didn't start using sunscreen until my girls were 6 months old. My favorite is aveeno baby. Talk to your pedi about sunscreen though, it is usually recommended that you not use it until 6 months.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No sunscreen on babies under 6 mos.  Go here to find safest ranked sunscreen. http://www.ewg.org/2010sunscreen/best-beach-sport-sunscreens/

Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Oh well, that;s good to know, I didn't realize they couldn't use sunscreen at 3 and 4 months. Guess I will be missing most of my sons games :(
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• and as far as the first poster, they shouldn't remain out of the sun totally - both of my other children i was told to get them in the sun for 20 min a day that it was good for them
    Ethans_Ma

• just sit in the shade - unless you hate watching baseball like me... i used aveno and "sun pals" on my kid.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011