Why do queefs happen during workouts? adult content

I recently started working out, doing the P90X, and when I do most of the yoga moves and some of the lunges, sometimes a queef will sneak out. This is totally embarrassing for me to the point of not wanting to workout with my best friend anymore. What causes this during a workout session and how can I avoid it in the future? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• its not something that can be avoided, its probably because of tearing during childbirth. i think its only something that can be fixed after ur done having kids, and surgically. :( its natural dont be embarrassed!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Well they happen because you do get air in cavity's in your body and the lunges and yoga moves work muscles that expel the air. It is completely normal and nothing can be done about it that I'm aware of.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• lol if you can't feel comfortable farting in fromt of your best friend, then who can you feel comfortable farting around??? We all fart, we all poop, who cares.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• it's not because of vaginal tearing. it's physics. if you spread your legs in a quick movement then air will get in and come out. women are all built differently. women who have longer lips will tend to have louder queefs. it's not really something that can be avoided. i'm sure your friends queef too, they could just be more quite
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have never had this happen, but I would guess that if you tightened your vaginal muscles (like you're trying to hold in your urine) during the moves in which air is likely to go inside of you, then that would cut down on it. Maybe???
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2011