Teething solution

My 8 month old is having a hard time cutting her teeth. I give her tylenol and motrin alternated and the teething tablets. The teething tablets are what works and helps her rest. I am out of them and the closest store that has them is 30 miles away. The first ingredient in them is chamomile. Does anyone know if you can give a baby chamomile tea to tooth the pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've heard of putting in on a baby wash cloth and rubbing it on their gums, but don't know about letting them drink it.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Call the doctor,they can tell u over the phone.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• certainly you can give her small amounts.. .like rubbing it into her gums more than drinking the stuff.. just like you would do with rum.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• as far as the tea is concerned i gave mine a little (1 or 2 oz), but didn't see a big improvement in her discomfort. one suggestion is:rather than the recommended baby orajel, i used regular adult orajel and must say it worked 10x better.If you look at active ingredient, it just has more of it in adult. although no orajel lasts long, it can offer some temporary relief. I'd consult a doc if you're worried it may harm her. My baby never had any problems with it. also, there are little gel packs you can freeze and allow her to gum them when needed. infant ib profin also works wonders for the pain.
    BookLover24

Answer by BookLover24 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2011