Nursing bra.....should i wait till the baby gets here to buy one?

I have heard that you can go up a whole cup size when your milk comes in.....i have also heard that they don't get any bigger so i don't know to get one now or wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your bra should have multiple connections for the cup, so you can size the cup up and down a little bit depending on swelling. I got mine through Macy's Online for like $30 and the cup goes up a full size. So if you have any swelling it's no issue. If your bra doesn't have that, put it back! Because when you're swollen, that extra room is a life saver! And you can swell or become over filled any time while nursing because your baby may want to eat more or less depending on how and when they grow.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i guess it depends how far long you are? I am pretty well in dowd and i purchased one a month before my son was born and when my milk came in they engorged a little bit but the bra stil fit. you could also if you really want to before the baby is born keep the package and tags and return it if it doesnt work
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Wait until your milk comes in, you wont want ANYTHING being too tight on them because it will be painful at first.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would get one now, you won't feel like bra shopping after the baby comes. Also, you are going to need some kind of comfy bra to sleep in. You have to wear nursing pads at ALL times, even at night.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i bought mine before my daughter was born. i bought a 40d, before and during pregnancy i was a 38d. it worked just fine until i lost all the baby weight, now i'm back down to a 38d
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• What I did was waited until the end of my pregnancy and figured I would get one cup size bigger from what I was. It always worked for me. I always buy them ahead of time (about a month or so) so that I don't have to make a trip to the store right after baby is born.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I got one after, and since I was home for a bit after delivering I just wore those bra top tank tops and put nursing pads in them.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Your boobs will be sore and leaky in the beginning. I don't see how you will bra shop.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011