Cats vs Dogs

eatingDoes your dog and cat get along? Mine share a water bowl and respect each others food bowls! I am so proud...

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 12:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pets

• our dog gets along well with our youngest cat, but not so much with our oldest cat. When our oldest cat was a kitten, she was attacked by a dog and almost killed (she was a stray). She will tolerate our dog(who is a very loving pug/mix), but won't go out of her way to be friendly with our dog. I think the funniest part is when the dog doesn't wanna come inside because she knows the cat is hiding behind the door waiting for her and "attacks" her. The cat has slowly warmed up to having the dog in the house, but still lets her know that she was there first HAHA
    kdunker

Answer by kdunker at 12:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My pets all get along.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Mine get along great. I've never had an issue with the dogs and cats fighting or chasing each other. They even play together. It's cute!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Mostly. My dogs know the cats we allow and which ones we dont. We have one outside at the moment we feed. There are also two other tom cats always fighting with the one we feed. My dogs chase them, but leave the one we feed alone.

Answer by gemgem at 12:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I dont have a cat right now. The parrot is jealous of the dog and the dog is jealous of the parrot.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• my cat and dog play fight like WWE wrestlers it's hilarious!!! and my dog is like three times the cats size but i gotta say the cat can hold his own!! haha
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have a small dog who gets on fine with the cats, in fact she is more like a cat than a dog. I have a 14 week old puppy who is learning :)
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 9:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• They get along great... my pit seemed to take to one of the two kittens we got this fall... she was very protective of her and was there at her every meow... come to find out the kitten has serious nerological problems, and Tommee detected it right away and looks out for Charle so she doesnt fall when she climbs up stuff and doesnt fall down the steps.... :-)
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 3:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2011