Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you pay the taxes on a house if..

say you and your fiancee are living in his grandmother's house, (she is in a nursing home) and the land tax arrives.. would you pay it or would you leave it for his family to take care of?


Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Since you are paying rent I would leave the taxes for his family to take care. If you were living there rent free I would pay the taxes.

    Answer by scout_mom at 1:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

  • Are you paying rent to live there? If so, forward the bill on to whoever is handling her finances. If you are living there rent free, pay the taxes.

    Answer by slw123 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

  • I think it is only right to pay it since it is otherwise free rent (though you don't say if there is a rent payment to grandma for staying in the house).

    Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

  • Who is paying all her bills? Does someone have power of attorney over her estate?

    Answer by mompam at 1:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

  • If I was living there especially rent free I would pay the taxes.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

  • we pay all of the bills on the house including a very low rent fee. His Uncle has a POA over the house and his Dad has a POA over finances

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN