Do you have one of these people in your life?

I have been a chronic pain sufferer for about ten years, gets worse every year. I feel what makes suffering even worse is to have non-sympathetic people to your situation in your life. I have a relative like this who just is plain selfish or a total ignoramus. Despite the discussions about what it does to me, this person feels that it's their job to question why I can't do this or that...This person recently had a bad bout with back pain and I was trying to tell her that this is what I feel every day but with the other symptoms but all I got was a blank stare and a groaning of her pains. Why can't some people try to be more sympathetic/empathetic? I told her that I felt for her and haven't asked for anything in return except for some understanding and compassion.

Philly247

Asked by Philly247 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Health

• My mother suffers like this and I totally feel for you and for her. I think I would tell the person in your life that you would like her to be more sympathetic. If she cant I would avoid this person as much as possible life is to short!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Do you have fibromyalgia? Sorry I know I probably spelled that wrong....I'm sorry you have such an uncaring person in your life mama, I know that is probably not making your situation any easier to deal with....no I don't have anyone like that in my life and personally, if I did, I don't think they would be in my life for long....that kind of behaviour shows a selfishness that I just wouldnt be able to deal with. Good luck with your situation and with your "friend" mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have a lot of uncaring and selfish people around me.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 1:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2011