What do you do to "maintain" yourself?

My husband seems to think I spend to much on self maintainance. Just curious what others do.

Haircut - 4 times a year
Color - 4 times a year
Pedicure - once every 3 wks
Manicures - cut those out completely
Buy moisturizer - once a month
Buy shampoo - once a month
Buy conditioner - every two weeks
Buy clothes/shoes - once a month - probably spend around $200 total

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• My husband doesn't normally complain either but we are in the process of building a new house so I guess that has him stresed about finances.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• the only things I buy are lotion, shampoo, conditioner and i only buy clothes once a yr and we buy all our clothes at thrift stores. I don't cut or color my hair.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I dye my hair when it fades and get it cut when the ends are too dead. I shop when I have money, and buy shampoo and conditioner when I run out. I don't NEED moisturizer so I don'y buy it often. Fuck manicures and pedicures its a waste of money and time, and it gets annoying and I dont have time to maintain it. I have two kids and I'm not married and I'm about to start a new job, I wouldn't mind if my SO complained about the way I look, so I can have an excuse to beat him and relieve my stress lol
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 1:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I used to go get my hair straight ironed and fake nails too but I cut out the nails, found a professional hairdresser who dyes hair for $25. I bring the color and developer.I stopped tanning. I also stopped getting those fake eye lashes Kim Khardashian wears too. I don't look as pretty but I have a lot more money to spend on vacation!
    Anonymous

• haircut- 1-3 times a year. (usually a trim)
    moisturizer- 3 times a year
    buy clothes one a year or so (I've been the same size even after my second son was born) also prefer to buy them clothes XD.

-_- sorry guess I'm not too helpful since I'm pretty low maintenance type.

Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 1:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• you could cut out the pedicures..around here, that's would save you about $680-before tip/year. he'd love that!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I cut my own hair...if i wanted it colored i would color it myself since it is easy and not worth paying to have someone else do it.. but i don't like to have to maintain coloring it. I don't get manicures or pedicures... For our anniversary and my birthday i get to go clothes shopping for myself. Usually my clothes last a VERY long time.. I still wear a pair of jeans that I've had for seven years now...I don't buy that many shoes for myself either since i prefer to go barefooted around the house and only wear my shoes while I am out of the house...I prefer to stay home and enjoy being with my kiddos though so I'm not out much. For shampoo, i just buy the 88 cent bottle and that lasts me MONTHS.. I only need to wash my hair mayyybe 2 times a week and I don't use that much shampoo either...forget the conditioner.
    TIMO2

Answer by TIMO2 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No way on cutting the pedicures! I live in a warm area. Sandals/flip flops all year!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I don't do any of those things minus buy shampoo and conditioner and buy clothes, but I certainly don't spend $200 a month on my clothing and shoes!

I do my own pedicures and even did them before I became an esthetican. I do buy skin care products like serums, makeup, etc but I'm not even spending $50 every 3 months on that.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 8:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I get hair cut every 2 months at decent salon (about 35 each)
    in the summer I get 1 pedicure a month, none in winter (20/each)
    i dont do manicures, just clip them myself
    i get eyebrows waxed once a month (8/each)
    shampoo, conditioner, styling gunk, etc about ($20/month average)
    clothes and shoes I get 2nd hand or at wal mart or payless (about $25/month average)
    so...less than $1,000/year but I still never realized it was sooo much and added up so quick....something to think about hmmm...
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 1:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2011