Have you tried jello shots? adult content

Reading one of my favorite websites - Regretsy - members only, I came across this posting. Made my day!

http://www.regretsy.com/2011/04/04/members-only-17/

My friends and I have rented a house in Palm Springs for the weekend, and the prospect of taking a few days off has me blubbering with joy. Not only do I get to spend time with people I really care about, but we’re going to make gourmet Jello shots.

I had no idea there was such a thing. In fact, I never even had Jello shots until I went to Seattle for a book signing last year. A friend of mine came up from Portland with a little cooler full of these fuckers, and it was on like Donkey Kong. My fingers and chin were stained from sucking red food coloring out of those party cups. If only I’d have made out with a girl, it would have been like the college years I never had.

In any case, we came upon this link a few weeks ago, and that’s when SHIT GOT REAL. We pored over the web site for days, and finally decided on these recipes:

THE 75

St. Germain liqueur, champagne and grapefruit juice

RAINBOW JELLY SHOTS

Hangar One mandarin infused Vodka and multiple Jello flavors

BLOW POP MARTINI SHOTS

Lemonade, Three Olives brand Bubble flavored vodka, Watermelon Pucker and Sour Apple Pucker

The entire Jelly Test Shot Kitchen photostream is here, and it’s absolutely gorgeous.

Anyway, the whole thing is exciting enough, but the best part is that they put me in charge OF BUYING THE LIQUOR. Can you imagine? It’s like letting Paula Abdul pick up your prescription.

Now, I did stick to the shopping list, and I did get everything I was supposed to. But shopping for booze when you’re sober is a lot like food shopping when you’re hungry; everything looks interesting and you buy much more shit than you need. God only knows what the hell we’re going to do with this, for example. If you have an idea, let me know. Also tell me what to do with the Mojito-flavored sugar and the Cointreau that I only bought because it had a free orange tumbler taped to it.

The silicone molds were another story. They were nowhere to be found. I tried a few places, and finally realized I’d probably be able to get candy molds at JoAnns. I’m always nervous about going into places like that, because I feel like if any of those earnest crafters had any idea who I was, it would be like Lord of the Flies in there. I’m actually careful enough to pay for everything in cash at craft stores, because I don’t want anyone with access to an Exacto looking at the name on my credit card.

It turns out they had everything I needed. I got candy molds, lollipop sticks, miniature cupcake wrappers and I even found silicone molds shaped like Easter eggs. So I’m standing in line, holding all this crap, and the woman behind me says, “You look like you’re pretty serious.”

And I sort of laugh and try not to make eye contact, because I don’t want anyone following me to my car and putting knitting needles in my tires. And then she says, “I hope you have something to drink when you’re making that stuff.” And I turn around and say, “Well, actually, I’m making Jello shots.” And she says, “I knew I liked you.”

WE ARE SO DIFFERENTS, BUT WE ARE SO SIMILARITY

tasches

Asked by tasches at 1:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Funny and informative!! Go you!! lol. I'm partial to wine myself, however sparkling green apple pucker shots are def. delish!! Main prob. w/ jello shots, is that they go down so easy that by the time you realize you may have had one to many, you're sitting on the floor, wondering where you are, and how you got there. LOL.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 1:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have, but none as fancy as those, lol! I once made jello shots with lime-flavored jell-o and tequila, and raspberry vodka and raspberry jell-o. I'm not a huge fan, but everyone seems to love them!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i wish i new how to make this beutifullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll grown up jello ive had cheap ones or i should say a few to many
    mommycupcakes

Answer by mommycupcakes at 1:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• oh so pretty!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yep! But not these!

raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 1:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• yes but nothing as cool as the ones you put up but i am sure gonna try to make some. lol.
    BSumm3rs

Answer by BSumm3rs at 12:42 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes, I have had jello shots but I prefer a nice red wine. a Shiraz or a Merlot.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2011