How do you stay healthy?

What measures do you take to stay healthy..... do you watch what you eat, count calories, eat fresh/raw foods, eat clean?

If you excercise - what is your favorite and how often. 

What is your driving force to do it...family, kids, yourself?

csanderson1

Asked by csanderson1 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I exercise every morning after my oldest goes to school. I like to run but I also do pilates, spinning and kickboxing classes at the gym. A for diet I try to eat a mostly raw diet. I eat about 80% raw and 20% cooked. I also try to avoid processed foods as much as I possibly can.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't mind some answers either, I don't have the will power to bother staying healthy.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 1:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Oh and my motivation is feeling good.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I eat a well balanced diet and exercise. I am no work out fanatic and I dont go to any gym. I just walk alot with my friends every morning (we do 1-2 miles a day). In the summer I do alot of swimming. My motivation is to set a good example for my kids. I want them to know what being healthy is about because I want them to be healthy people as children and adults.

Answer by gemgem at 1:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• At first I do my walks everyday for 45 minutes or an hour with my little one ,I eat right and healthy and measure it,low carb,low calories and fats and cholesterol ,eating more whole grain,veggies and fruits and fish. During weekends me and my eldest daughter would take a walk in the morning and it feels good doing this everyday with my kids and hubby
    Donnabell_nyc

Answer by Donnabell_nyc at 1:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I don't always eat that healthy and I don't believe in depriving myself of anything. I believe in moderation and supplementing. So, I do try to watch what I eat but I do not go to extremes and vitamin, mineral, etc. supplements help me a lot. Also I've totally gone on a Homemade Smoothie trip. LOL!!! In which I can use fresh and/or frozen fruit, so good! I even make them for my boys out of 3 number 2 jars of baby food, 2 jars of fruit and 1 jar of veggies, that we have left over. They love it!

For exercise, I love dancing and swimming because they work they whole body at the same time. Which is what I need because when I gain weight I gain it every where and so I have to lose it the same way.

What's helping me to continue to lose weight and get healthier is number 1 I want to feel better. Then, I also have 3 little boys that I need to keep up with. So, I'm also doing it for them.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I meal plan so hat I know that I'm eating a healthy diet. I try to keep all of my days under 1800 calories. I am still nursing my daughter, so I burn a lot of extra calories that way. I have gotten really into eating smoothies for breakfast lately. I make little smoothie packs that I freeze with different kind of fruit in them, just add some yogurt and/or juice and voile (sp?), breakfast is made.
    For exercise I use Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. The best thing is that it only takes 20 minutes a day, but it is a very comprehensive, intense workout. I aim for 5 days a week, but it ends up more like 4 usually.
    I motivate myself by remember what it was like when I was fit and how good I felt, that usually helps. And I am not ashamed to say that watching the Biggest Loser and Heavy (on A&E) helps me stay motivated too.
    08MrsAllen

Answer by 08MrsAllen at 2:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I eat as much unprocessed food as I can - though I'm not 100% unprocessed. Lots of veggies and fruits throughout the day
    I exercise 6 days a week - training for my 1st marathon and I love it because I feel so much better than I did when I was 60lbs heavier!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• What measures do you take to stay healthy: Eat lots of fruits/veggies, watch my carbs, no soda, lots of water, exercise.

If you excercise - what is your favorite and how often: Cardio/weights 2x a week, Zumba 2x a week

What is your driving force to do it...family, kids, yourself? I have three kids and I'm a type II diabetic.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2011