Does the feeling someone else is raising ur kids go away?

Im 19 and i have 4 kids im doing it all on my own and im working part-time and i start school in may. my kids go to daycare during the day everyday i have school and then i have my aunt watch them for me when i go to work. i just have the feeling someone else is raising my kids. does that feeling ever go away?

MandiBaby

Asked by MandiBaby at 1:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• never.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It does, I have two of my own by myself and I'm 19 too. My mother watches my kids when I work.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 1:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It never did for me. I was not in your situation though. I did have 3 of my 5 kids by the time I was 22, but I was married and stayed home. I had a bad experience when my oldest was in daycare and after that I just didnt trust anyone to watch my kids but me. As a single mom later I felt alot of guilt because I felt I hardly saw them, they spent so much time with my parents, or our live in nanny. I can only speak for myself, so maybe others have had different experiences, but for me it never went away.

Answer by gemgem at 1:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'm sorry honey....I didnt want that feeling which is why I became SAHM....I know that this is not a possibility for all mothers...but I can imagine that the feeling someone else is spending more time with your children then you are must really suck. I'm sorry mama and good luck with everything
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• NO ONE ELSE IS RAISING YOUR KIDS..THEY ARE HELPING YOU RAISE YOUR KIDS. IT TAKES A VILLAGE!!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It hasn't for me.. its not always a possibility for some of us to be a SAHM or I would be in a heart beat..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• at 19yrs old 4kids must be hard on you but remember they are in good hands ,yes it is hard to let them go
    but in the end when you finish school have full time job things will be easer for all of you
    if you could take one day off just to be with them make it sick day off and spend time
    even if their not sick just have fun day yes they are young but they will remember for life time what they did with their mom
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You just have to accept that you need help. If you were married and you were the president and your husband was an astronaut, you would still need someone to watch your kids when you went to work.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 1:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i mean i work every other day but during the day they are at daycare all day from 7 til 330 and i just feel that im missing out on alot. i love the time i can spend with them i just wish the feeling would go away.
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• As long as this is your schedule and as long as this is the children's routine that feeling someone else raising your children won't go away. We all have to make choices, and you chose to work hard and get an education so that you can provide a decent life for you and your children very soon. It takes time and alot of hard work - Good Luck.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2011