Should i get my 3 year old a blood test?

~He always complains about his back hurting.
~He says his belly hurts all the time too. Picked him up from school yesterday and he said he could not eat his lunch cause his belly hurt.
~He always says his mouth hurts. I ask him to show me and he points to his neck. (this has been going on for like a year) took him to the dr a few times about it and they always say he looks fine.

staceyh808

Asked by staceyh808 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• better safe than sorry, yes
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• better safe than sorry.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'd let the doctor decide if that was neccessary. My daughter has been poked for blood so many times that she is scared to death of needles. If it's not neccessary, don't do it.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Go with your gut, it seems you are worried, so just stay persistent with those ignorant doctors that say nothing is wrong. You know your baby :) Poor little guy
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My son is the son and its like pulling teeth to get tests done so I understand your frusrtation and hesitation.. but DO IT!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i just feel like a 3 year old should not be complaining about things like that ya know. My husband thinks he just says things like that to get attention but i dont know. I def know this little guy! ill just go have it checked out. he has had a few needles before. we never got him vaccinated but he had to have a tb test before school and he did great so we shall see. if it is not nessesary then i will not go through with it but it has been on my mind for like weeks now. sooooooooooo
    staceyh808

Comment by staceyh808 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• guess i will just see what the dr says
    staceyh808

Comment by staceyh808 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• What would you be testing for? A general blood test isn't going to tell you much.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 8:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• well so i took him to the dr and we have an appoinment with the ENT nice week, we went ahead with the blood test, took an xray on his belly and did a urine test! he was a trooper the whole time. thanks for all your input! appriciate it!
    staceyh808

Comment by staceyh808 (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2011