Cost to go to Disney World and best age to take the kids?

My husband and I would love to take our young boys (4 and 1.5) to Disney World and Sea World. I estimated online that it would cost us about $2,500-$3,000 between park tickets, hotel, and plane tickets. Does this seem about right? Are there costs I'm not thinking about? The hotel would provide transportation to and from the parks.

Also, what is the best age to take kids. I remember going at 7 and it wasn't very enjoyable. I was too young to ride the big rides, and too big to ride the kiddie ones, and there wasn't much else for me to do. Would it be silly to take them next summer when they are 5 and 2, is that too young?

Thanks for any info!

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Travel

• I think 7 is perfect! I don't think you ever outgrow the rides at Disney. But 5 and 2 would be good. Maybe 3 and 6 would be better.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Food, emergencies, shopping. I think your estimation is a little low. JUST for Disney World, through their company, was almost $7000, for a family of 5.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2011