Cost to go to Disney World and best age to take the kids?

My husband and I would love to take our young boys (4 and 1.5) to Disney World and Sea World. I estimated online that it would cost us about $2,500-$3,000 between park tickets, hotel, and plane tickets. Does this seem about right? Are there costs I'm not thinking about? The hotel would provide transportation to and from the parks.

Also, what is the best age to take kids. I remember going at 7 and it wasn't very enjoyable. I was too young to ride the big rides, and too big to ride the kiddie ones, and there wasn't much else for me to do. Would it be silly to take them next summer when they are 5 and 2, is that too young?

Thanks for any info!

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Travel

• we took our boys to disney land when they were 5- they loved it- the only thing they didnt like was waiting in line. That was 4 years ago and now that we have a 20 month old and twin 9year olds were going to sea world, the zoo and lego land- found a pretty good deal at getawaytoday.com they do package deals- not sure how they compare to the sites you looked at.
    good luck and enjoy your vacation
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 2:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• And if you go before he turns 3 he gets in the parks for free!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Ideal age? Tips on Disney for Little Kids: They may enjoy the areas for preschoolers - (Disney Jr./Playhouse D.) Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom 's Toon Town Fair especially. Make seating arrangements for at least one lunch or dinner a day as in-park restaurants get crowded and you will be glad for a place to sit down and eat. Prices vary on meals, Admission tickets vary- there are one day/one park passes to all parks, more days, etc. Go to walk-throughs like the Living Seas at EPCOT. Heed the advice re: darkness or scary images that may be overwhelming on some rides/shows. My experience anyway.

sunnyfun

Answer by sunnyfun at 2:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would wait until your youngest is at leas 3, so your oldest will be 7.The price sounds right, but it won't hurt to check other agencies on line. Good luck
    rainha

Answer by rainha at 2:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• every kid is different in remembering thing my daughter remember when she was a year old take a lot of pics
    frances693

Answer by frances693 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011