Um what

Um what

okay so last night we watched the movie the other guys and there is a scene where the one guy has this really hot wife and his partner is asking no really who is she because he cant believe someone that pretty and smarts wit his partner and so dinner goes on bla blah blah as the guys leaving the one guy keeps saying goodbye to his partners wife and not him..... anyways we were up this morning and taking the movie out started talking about the funny parts and I mentioned that part my husband says yeah thats never happened with you and starts talking about his x wife and how it always happened and how guys were always coming over un announced and thats why he dosent have male friends now or intoduce me WHAT THE HEL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I DONT think he meant it as an insult to you dear. Dont look for trouble where this is none.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Maybe but this woman is beautiful although mean and crazy and it hurt me I had a husband who always told me I was ugly and don't need another trip down this lane and it makes me mad because I am not ugly but why is it that I pick these guys im six feet tall and a former model so wtf
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would've been aggravated about it for a second too but if ya really think about it...maybe he was saying in a manish way of wording things that he cares about you more than his ex wife. You can't always take to heart every single thing a man says.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• All I heard was yeah your not hot thats never happened with you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think he was saying he doesn't have male friends now because you are so lovely,men would surely act just as crazy around you. I think it is a bit silly to be jealous like that but it sounds like an attempt at a compliment to me.

thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 2:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Beauty fades, smarts dont!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yea, the part "That's never happened with you," would have ticked me off, but he cleaned it up with, "That's why I don't have any guy friends now." Perhaps that is WHY it has never happened with you, because he doesn't ALLOW it to. :-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Sometimes men say the stupidest things. Sometimes they say them to be mean, as it sounds like is the case with your ex. And sometimes they just say them because they open their mouth and something stupid comes out. So maybe it's the latter with your DH. If he doesn't tear you down frequently then try to give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't trying to hurt you and what he meant to say did not come out correctly.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• She is his x for a reason, and he did not tell you that you are ugly. I've come to learn in my short 4 years of marriage that if men didn't want to be with a woman he wouldn't
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My husband won't introduce me to his friends or co-workers because he thinks one of them might hit on me... -_-. He could be one of those.
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 2:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011