How to deal with a miscarriage?

I went to the dr. today and i was told that its possible that im going through a miscarriage.I dont know how to deal with it im scared of so many things like what if my boyfriend leaves me

young18

Asked by young18 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is extremely hard to deal with. I went through it too. It was the worst thing that ever happened to me. But just remember, you will get through it. I went on to have 2 kids since then. Take it one day at a time. Good luck to you!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Join the miscarriage support group on Cafemom!!! It has been SO helpful for me...and you will feel better knowing how common and normal it is. 1 in 3 pregnancies end in miscarriage...for whatever reason...and most are early on, where people may not even know they were pregnant.
    ((HUGS))
    And if someone left you because of that...what kind of a father would they really have been? Remember, it's the HARD times that show a person's true colors.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 3:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I went through a miscarriage about half year ago. It was not a planned pregnancy as I didn't even know. My daughter was 9 mths old and i was scared of how to take care 2 kids. I was sad hearing doctor announced the bad news and hold the tears until I walked out the doctor clinic after the surgery. Took a day off and just let myself cry out all of the pain. I still think of the baby, especially when I rock my daughter to sleep at night, i would say sorry for the unborn baby silently that I was sorry not knowing earlier to take care better of myself. I was extremely busy at work during that time. I would say we are adults now, if it happens, we just find the most suitable way to face and deal with it. Hope everything will be ok with you!
    If you bf leaves you for a miscarriage, maybe he isn't the right person to raise a child together. He should stay with me because he loves you not because you are carring his baby.
    Lucy124

Answer by Lucy124 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2011