How do you go about saving money?

I know that i need to be saving my money for the baby but everytime i got to walmart or out with friends I end up spending my money on things that I know I dont need

young18

Asked by young18 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Shopping

• Don't take it with you. IF you leave your money or debit/credit cards at home, then you can't spend the money you know you shouldn't be spending.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• We don't eat out, we buy our clothes from consignment/thrift stores, buy store brand items, I do the haircuts myself and if we don't need it we don't buy it.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Clip coupons, watch for deals. And never take more money with you than you'd like to spend. That way temptation doesn't win :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• its hard to have self control when you have friends in your ear telling you that you need to buy it smh bad influences
    young18

Comment by young18 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I use coupons, cook 99% of our meals at home, never buy clothes at full price (most of my kids clothes only cost $1), buy some things in bulk, always check the unit price to get the best value, often use store brands (especially formula & diapers - they are equally as good, if not better sometimes), and enjoy a lot of free activities. Some of my favorite free (or really inexpensive) activities are: taking walks with my kids, having silly dance parties, doing arts-n-crafts, cooking... Also, for adult time -- a group of my friends and I rotate a monthly game night. It's potluck so everyone brings a snack dish (dips, chips, cookies, drinks) and everyone brings a game or two (Catch Phrase, Taboo, What's Yours Like, and Malarky are fun ones!). REMEMBER - YOU DON'T GET RICH BY SPENDING YOUR MONEY. :o) I have a nice house, car, whatever, but I didn't get it buy spending my money and collecting bad debt. Hope this helps <3
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 2:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• When you have kids there is no such thing as saving money.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 2:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would like to try and save money for my baby so that way I can buy my son the extra things that he would like.
    young18

Comment by young18 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• keep it in the bank lol.
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 2:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011